n00b. And other stuff.

I cannot believe what a freakin' n00b I am. I just "discovered" in this past week that if you rez an object, such as a purchased outfit, choose Open, then Copy to Inventory, that it makes it's own folder. DUH! I remember when they added the "Open" option, but had no idea of the usefulness.

Do ya know what I have been doing? Creating a new folder, naming it, then highlighting all the stuff and moving it to new folder. I thought if I chose "Copy to Inventory" that the items would get pasted God-knows-where and I'd have to reorganize anyway.

Sigh. Better late than never, I s'pose.

On an unrelated note I was pretty sick a couple weeks ago, hence my blogging hiatus. And all my fashion related stuff is now over at The Rummage Box with a buncha other crazy chicas.

As for the IP theft lawsuit I have been blogging about, things have been relatively quiet other than the public "outing" of another theiving accomplice over on the oh-so-juicy, drama-soaked Brutal Honesty blog; which I am not going to link here, find it yourself :-P A lot of us already knew about her but their post certainly helped bring more awareness.

I have written about the case in a rather fair and somewhat professional, just-the-facts-ma'am manner, but I'm in the kind of mood where I just wanna be blunt for a moment: I hope these scumbags rot.

Some of SL's greatest content creators spend hours upon hours, even days, perfecting their designs. The fact that some people defend the actions of these thieves and can't see the big deal over it just completely blows my mind. Then you have the other bunch, the ones who try to compare it to MP3 file-sharing; it's apples and oranges. I won't go into a diatribe on WHY because it's been hashed and rehashed. Based on the facts and evidence that have been presented it is theft, plain and simple. Do these people sleep well at night? Do they even feel a twinge of guilt each time they dole out yet another box full of hundreds of stolen items?

I am, and have been, just so damn ANGRY over this. Theft has been in SL for a long time, a skin here, a retextured outfit there; but to witness such magnitude, the massive amounts of content involved in this case, is just maddening. I am not a content creator so it's hard to imagine exactly what kind of feelings they go through to find their hard work stolen. I imagine rage would be one, yet all the plaintiffs have managed to keep their composure and fight this the legal and professional way. Can't say the same for the defendant who says "it's just a game" and sits on his latest alt (alts?) going about his business without a care in the world.

~QQ~

0 comments: